Saturday, February 24, 2007

Blah

I'm kind of bummed because a friend of mine from work was recently let go. I don't know the real reason for his dismissal but I've heard that it could be "performance." I really doubt that because this guy was the type of guy who would work up a sweat lugging boxes or water bottles or whatever around. If something broke, he'd be on top of it. This was his job. So if "performance" is the reason being given out, then it's insulting to the hard work he put in while he was here. Maybe I'm letting my personal friendship w/ him overshadow something else. Maybe he did something he wasn't supposed to. I don't know and I don't really care about the real reason he was fired. I do know that he was a really nice person who was willing to help out where he can. And I also know that this guy was really stressed about money. You see, his wife is 7 months pregnant so their first baby is just around the corner. He had even been working part time after work at a bar to save up some cash. So knowing that, I really felt bad for him. I really hope he lands on his feet.

2 comments:

White Toast with Butter said...

I agree Ankit. It's sad. Maybe he was tired and stress from working the part time job - but as many hours as you guys put in including my husband - it's like working two full time jobs. It's scary in this economy - you have to work twice as hard, twice as long for half the pay and still have performance issues.

Anonymous said...

I miss him too. :(