Monday, January 29, 2007

You down with ADD? Yeah you know me!

My friend, S, completely mistook my theory of learned-ADD with "stream of thought." They're completely different. Stream of thought is as follows: I write down something about S and then realize that she will read this blog. After realizing this, I recall that she's a grammar freak and will spot any missing or mis-used commas. So then I go back and fill in the commas that need to be there.

I told S about learned-ADD a long time ago because I had diagnosed myself with it. And I think I might have invented it as well-- I'm not sure if it existed before I thought it up. Anyways, I have learned-ADD. And I didn't have it before I started this job. I was once a sharp guy able to concentrate on any subject for a very long time. However, at my current employ, I'm constantly being called away from my desk to attend to users' tickets/phone calls while I'm trying to concentrate on a project. So my thought process is constantly interrupted throughout the day. This break in concentration is okay once in a while but it happens on a regular basis and it's gone on for over 3 years now. So this constant interruption to my thought processes have led me to develop ADD. Now when I have a few moments to myself -- be it at work or at home -- I keep expecting to be interrupted. I feel like I'm going to get called away any second and that sort of makes it harder for me to focus on what I want to. I wonder if I'm eligible for workers' comp!

Anyways, my stomach still hurts!

3 comments:

I am chick, hear me roar said...

Ankit, I couldn't help but notice you are missing a few commas there buddy.

;)

White Toast with Butter said...

Do, I, hear, the, grumblings, of, a, workers, comp, case?

White Toast with Butter said...

I sent an e-mail to a friend today --

subject - PAL, TT and OCD, Yeah you know me -

that is frightening...

OCD being Operation Combat Duck - see my blog...