Sunday, January 21, 2007

Allow me to introduce myself...

I used to have a blog a very long time ago. It was on my own server and I had actually put up some really good posts like Hairy Infidelity but that server died and I lost it all. I think it's still recoverable but I'm too lazy to get the data from the hard drive. I've wanted to start one up again but I wasn't sure if I wanted to host it on my new server or somewhere else. A few days ago, my manager's wife started a blog on this site (madrantingsofamiddleclassmom) and it made me want to put one up to. I'm a total copycat. I don't normally post on a daily basis; only when I have something to say.

So why did I choose to call it The Untold Legend of Ankit S. Patel? I've decided that when I write my autobiography when I'm old and gray that's what the title of it will be. Also, the cover will have a picture of me dressed in a cowboy outfit and riding a horse out in the Wild West -- possibly chasing cattle, but only with the intention of praying to it after catching it. And not only that but each of the chapters will named after the title of a book that encompasses that stage of my life. So far I have Frankenstein for my high school years and Metamorphosis for the years following Stevens 'til the present day. If anyone tries to steal my idea of naming chapters of your life after books you've read I'll find you and kick your ass!

1 comment:

White Toast with Butter said...

How can it be the Untold Story if you are going to tell it?

I hate to tell you but the chapter titles of my autobiography are famous books as well. That damn Eggers took my title away: A Heartbreaking Tale of Staggering Genius.

My single life: Great Expectations

My first marriage: Dead Men Tell no Tales

Living through a tornado: Gone With the Wind

My current and last marriage: Where the Wild Things Are

Seriously, it's nice to see that I inspire others to do good work.