Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Vegetable Lasagna

My lab partner in class is like Vegetable Lasagna from that Seinfeld episode in which Putty and Elaine are arguing all the way home from their European trip. I don't mean to say that my partner (let's call him YM from now on) is dumb. He does grasp the concepts perfectly fine. But it just seems like when it comes to the labs, he slows down to a turtle's pace. It kills me! It literally kills me. Since he isn't so great with the commands, I let him do all the typing. When he types in the commands, he first stares at the one-line instruction for like a full minute. Then he types it soooo slowly; correcting typos along the way. Then he fakes as if he's going to hit Enter to apply the command but then hesitates and re-reads the one-line instruction for another minute. Then onto the next command. Each time he does it, I get a mini ulcer. My mind is zooming and I'm already on step 10 by the time he completes step 1. So I wait and agonize. Poor me. Ok, I know I'm being a little baby and that this class is supposed to be a learning experience, so I don't say anything to him or act annoyed. At least he's learning this material, and the fact that I'm on step 10 by the time he's done w/ step 1 allows me to give him a better explanation when he asks a question.

I don't know why I called him Vegetable Lasagna, but I kept thinking that all day. Maybe it's because Vegetable Lasagna was sort of an inert, space-taker and when YM pulls one of his classic freezes, in which I could probably hear the gears churning in his head, he seems very inert. Poor YM. I won't be mean to him. I'll suffer through my mini ulcers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.