Monday, April 7, 2008

Baseball's back!

I loooove baseball and I'm so glad that it's back. In fact, during the winter, I kinda go into withdrawal and desperately seek any baseball-related news that I can dig up. Last week, when Jim and I were working until the wee hours of the night, we were talking about baseball and I told him that one of my favorite baseball memories is from when I was a teenager. I was laying on the sofa in cool air conditioning on a very hot, muggy day, watching an afternoon game and sipping on some iced tea. For some reason, that memory is burned into memory. Another favorite memory is of how in the fall of 1996, we wasted so much time in history class because we kept bringing up the Yankees' successes in the playoffs with our teacher, Mr. Sacci, (who also happened to be a huge Yankee fan). And, finally, there were the 1995 playoffs when Donny Baseball finally made it to the playoffs only to lose to Seattle. That's when I first became a Yankee fan :-)

No comments: