Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy New Year!

So today's the beginning of the Indian new year! Let me tell you, I loooooovee this time of year :-) Oh, I like doing the pujas too. The one I did on Thursday for Dunteras (I don't know the spelling) is my FAVORITE! hehe, is it weird to say you have a favorite puja? Our family isn't really that religious; we don't regularly go to temple. But we do go during this time of year. And it's fun because the mandirs are all decorated with lights and there are so many people there all celebrating/praying. It's very festive and they put out soo much food offerings to the statues. We normally go to a couple of mandirs one after another and stay for the aarti. So we did that today. Oh and I want to make a song like Adam Sandler made but have it start like this: Diwali is the festival of lights...

No comments: