Sunday, May 20, 2007

Renters: Round 1

So we put up "For Rent" flyers around Newark Ave. (For those who don't know, it's a street full of Indian stores and such.) We put it up in that area because we would like Indian renters; not that we're racist against others but it would make communication between them and my mother much easier since she'd be home most of the time and would be the person to interact w/ them. We're also looking for a nice family for the stability.

Anywho, we've gotten a few responses; I think it's because of our cool flyer (pictures and all). One family came to look at our place earlier today. I didn't really get a good vibe from them. I was right, too, because the father called back later and said he would take it for $250 less than what we're asking for. So I said that won't work. What's he thinking!?!? Then this couple came by around 9PM and I really liked them. The wife graduated from STEVENS! And her brother is currently attending Stevens. But the couple seemed really nice. She's preggy w/ a kid on the way in a few months so it seems like a good fit. I just hope that they say yes! I would even negotiate a cheaper price for them (by a little) because they are nice. Fingers crossed!

No comments: