Saturday, March 31, 2007

Knee, Therapy and House!

So I haven't posted a blog entry in a looong time. I apologize to the two or three readers that check my blog. hehe Well my knee is still not 100%. I have been going to therapy and I find it very enjoyable. I go to Mile Square on 6th St. They took over the place where Swift Photo used to be. Since my dad was a photographer, I used to go to Swift all the time to make runs for him. The people at Mile Square are cool and knowledgeable. When I first went, Cesar thoroughly explained what was going on in my knee much more in depth than the orthopedic had ever explained to me. The parts I really enjoy are the heat up and icing parts that bookend the therapy. I get to sit back and relax and my knee feels really good at that time. The ultrasound part is cool too.

I was really sore & tired this week because while I was off last week, I had pretty much rested the entire time so I wasn't used to much activity. Plus when I walked around that week, I hadn't put much weight on the right leg because of the pain. So as you can imagine, when I went back to work, I really felt it. I still limp around but I think that the leg is better than it was last week. I met this guy named Jeff in therapy and he was telling me that his right bicep tore off and he had to have it re-attached. His advice is to take any recovery one day at a time and to do my exercises at home regularly too. Now this guy's had surgery on both shoulders and actually had an operation for the same injury as mine (torn meniscus), so I think he knows a thing or two about recovery.

Ok so enough about my knee. A few weeks ago, I went to an open house around the corner from where I live now and I liked the place. I mean it's not a jaw-droppingly amazing place, but I see potential for improvement because we do a lot of renovation on our own. Plus it's got a lot more space that we have now so that'd be good too. Also, even though it's around the corner from me, my current backyard and its backyard both share one common fence. So we can tear that down and open it all up. So when we rent out both units in our current house, we will be right next door to handle any problems for our tenants. I put in an offer and they countered and we countered back and they accepted my final offer! I signed the paperwork today and so did the seller. We're in attorney review now so things are taking off.

If you asked me two weeks ago about what I need to do to buy a house, I would've been clueless. I think I've learned a thing or two in the meantime. Trust me, it's only a thing or two... I'm still pretty confused by a lot of it. I believe that the entire process takes some real project management skills to be the liaison between the agent, the lawyer, the inspector, the various mortgage people, etc. and handling their requests without being overwhelmed. I've started keeping a notebook with everything I've got to do and questions I have so I don't miss anything. I'm excited!!!

No comments: