Saturday, March 17, 2007

MRI

I got the MRI done on my knee yesterday. It was actually pretty cool. As previously mentioned, I got it done in Hoboken - about a block from where I work. They have an open MRI setup and it was so nice. The tech. put my leg in a brace and had me lie down on the table. The lower part of my body was under the MRI and the top half was out in the open. It took 24 minutes for the entire process but it didn't seem long at all. They had the radio blasting so that helped. However, I was told to stay very still and pumping music in the room can't possibly help someone remain still. I did have some leg spasms while the machine was running so I tried very hard to stop them. If spasms are involuntary, can one voluntarily stop them? I don't know but I tried. I guess my leg didn't move too much because the tech. said I did well. I can totally understand how people feel claustrophobic in the regular MRI machines. Especially if you're in there for about a half hour - totally enclosed - and you're not allowed to move. Thank goodness they had an open MRI or I would've cracked!

My knee still feels icky. I can't really put much weight on it so I limp along when I do get up. I spend most of my time in bed and that sucks. Before I get up, I have to massage my legs because that makes it easier to "walk." Gosh, is this what it's come to?

2 comments:

White Toast with Butter said...

I had a brain MRI a few years ago - awful! That horrible loud banging for 30 minutes - I wanted to explode. They found I was having seizures on the right side of my brain (this from the sleeping EEG) when I would doze off for a few seconds here and there. You don't sleep the night before...or try not to...then you try to sleep while they are doing an EEG - right next to a guy building a bookshelf in the lab...come on...anyway - hope you are pain free soon.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there kiddo!