Sunday, March 2, 2008

Stupid Cabs

My cousins, sister and I went out on Saturday night to celebrate my cousin Palu's new job. We went to a place called Brasserie52 and it was pretty good food. Afterwards, I got us lost on our way to a bar called O'Flaherty's. I thought it was on 47th St. between 8th and 9th Avenues but it was really on 46th St. between 8th and 9th Avenues. So of course, I didn't just go to the next block, but rather, I circled around going back in the direction we came from. haha! We've been to that place before and it had a library feel to it because it had these bookshelves filled with books. My cousins and I have tagged a few books on our previous visits and we planned on tagging another book but when we entered, we were told that the section w/ the books was now reserved for dinner. Blah! We hung out on the sofa then. Regardless, they were good times.

On the way home, my sister and I missed the last bus to our area of Jersey City. So we walked down to 33rd street to catch the PATH to Hoboken. Luckily we got in and the train pulled out soon after. Once we got to Hoboken, we got out of the PATH and got on line for the taxi cabs so we could get a ride to Jersey City. However, TWO empty cabs passed my sister and me without even asking where we want to go, only to subsequently pick up white passengers. Bastard taxi cab drivers. I thought those were my people. I guess not! It was freezing outside and I know these taxi cab drivers saw that my puny sister and my puny self were cold as heck but they still passed us up. I could've understood if they asked us where we were going and then declined to pick us up because they weren't going in that direction. But no! They looked at us and waved their finger and said no. Where's Al Sharpton!

No comments: