Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I can hardly contain myself!

Last Saturday we placed an order for laminate flooring for the basement. I also took this upcoming Friday off so I can work with my dad to install it since he has Fridays and Saturdays off. So on Friday, we'll wake up really early and pick up all the flooring and start installing it in my sister's room. Yeah, I know, from the title of this blog I made it sound like I was going to Disney or something but this is really exciting for me! We've worked so hard to renovate this basement. First the bathroom, then my sister's room. Now a cohesive floor throughout the basement will be a huge step. It will allow us to walk on a nice, warm surface instead of the cold, damp cement floor w/ vynl tiles. Also, since a close family friend is taking the extra washer/drier, we'll get to use the second living room as an actual living room now! We can finally make use of that sofa and huge coffee table :-) We still have to re-polish it because it has some dings on it, but we got it because it was a really big table on which we can play board games. Legendary Monopoly games w/ the cousins hehe

Oh, side note. Apparently, once every month we face a weird, overpowering odor at work. Last month it was the unbearable smell of fish that someone heated up in the microwave near us. Today it was the smell of sewer gas which was pumped throughout the floor via the vent. Oh man that smelled so nasty. Nevertheless, Jim and I wasted no time in using our classic Seinfeld lines. "It's not B.O... it's B.B.O." "What am I? Hard of smelling?" hahaha great episode.

All my rap video groupies, gimme a holla! :-)

No comments: