Friday, August 29, 2008

Politically Incorrect

I watched Obama's speech last night and I have to admit, he's a good public speaker. He seemed very comfortable up there on stage. I look forward to listening to McCain's speech next week. See, I'm not really one to associate myself with a party. I'm not Red and I'm not Blue. I'm more of a Purple - kinda Red and kinda Blue. And I think that's probably the case with most Americans. I agree with Obama on some things and I agree with McCain on some things. We all essentially gavitate to the middle.

What I don't understand are the hardcore Democrats and Republicans. We have a few of those at work. I don't really enjoy discussing politics at work because it's such a divisive topic, but some people love to wear their Red or Blue on their sleeve. So this Democrat, we'll call him Elephant, was raving on and on about Obama today. I liked the speech too, but come on! This grisley bear of a man sounded like a 13 yr old school girl gushing over Justin Timberlake. And the Republican, we'll call him Donkey (not to be confused w/ Donkey from Shrek), turned beat red (pun intended) talking about how McCain's choice for VP doesn't take away from the Republicans' attack that Obama is too inexperienced to become president. I find it comical. I wonder if they make their own choices or just adopt their party's choices because they're loyal to that party.

I'm Purple. I think that the artist formerly known as Prince would love it if a party adopted Purple to represent them. He can perform "Purple Reign" at the innaugural. I wish they had a font for the symbol which represents the artist formerly known as Prince so I wouldn't have to type "the artist formerly known as Prince."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha this was an amusing post =)

Ankit said...

Someone told me that I assigned the wrong animal to each party. I would like to make it clear that I am not an idiot. The first guy really is as big as an elephant so although he's a Democrat, I had to make him an elephant. :-) The other guy is sort of an ass too.. so it makes sense that he's a donkey. :-P

Anonymous said...

is "gavitate" a word?